Friday, April 22, 2016

Game mat from Deep Cut Studio

I had a lot of mail this week. I'll blame part on my birthday Thursday, but two packages really stood out for the coveted "Holy Heck that is cool" award.

I received this game mat from Deep Cut Studio in Lithuania as a prize draw from the latest Analog Hobbies Winter Painting Challenge. There was a lot of designs to choose from and I was sorely tempted to get the swamp for my Catachan jungle fighters or an urban one for Mercs and city fighting. 
Although 3x3 is adequate for skirmish gaming, I decided to hold off on that until a new order and go 4x6 for bigger game use as well. 

The colors are outstanding on the mat and I'm very happy with it. My spaceships look mighty fine against the spacescape. I fully intend on a 4x6 mat as well as it is always easier to confine movement to a smaller field when the opportunity to go bigger is there.

Shipping from Deep Cut Studio is very fast too, I'm still waiting for stuff ordered the same time from here in the states! 

This design is deep space. There are 3 other space themes to choose from. Starfield, Nova, Nebula, and planets. A few variations with asteroids and such as well.

The other package I received was from Sylvain as I painted the most in the Scifi side duel. He deviously sent me some Ravenwing landspeeders from GW epic game.
They are beautiful. Now I have to find my box that holds my titans and 1st edition epic marines. I also have few IG in epic and a line on a few more. I guess I have a few contenders now for the next painting challenge! Did I really win!? ;)



I won't ponder the devious machinations of Sylvain for now as I have this really sweet games mat, a bunch of  Star Wars ships and a son who wants to kick Vader's butt! ;)

7 comments:

  1. I intend to get a gaming mat too, may use these boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend them! Excellent service and the detail is good with lots of themes to choose from!

      Delete
  2. Very cool indeed and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael! I'm looking forward to gaming on it again!

      Delete
  3. I have been looking at Deep cut for mats for some time. This one looks as good as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only mat I have so far without counting the paper ones I've printed. This is way better than those!
      I still enjoy my big table, but mats are easy to store and add more thems. Plus I don't have to keep making terrain tables for every enviroment! ;)

      Delete
  4. Very cool mat. I have a couple gretchin with your name on them when I can finally get around to painting them. I'll be in touch for your mailing address.

    ReplyDelete